Have fun and we wish you the best success!
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for TangoWires entire website including TangoWire Partners. We agree to notify you of:
1. The organization collecting the information...
- The organization collecting the information
- What information this site gathers/tracks about you
- What this site does with the information it gathers/collects
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding deleting and deactivating the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under TangoWires control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- Security surrounding the use of credit cards
- Contacting the Web Site
TangoWire is an online introduction service providing an easy means for our members to meet other members on a personal level via the Internet. While the TangoWire site is solely responsible for collecting, displaying, and storing member data, entrance into TangoWire via the Internet may be from affiliated partners via the partners' Internet address and identity. A member's inclusion into TangoWire, by arrival via any one specific Internet address or identity will enable their publicly viewable ad and profile to be available to all other partner sites. To accomplish this, our members create their own personalized profile by providing certain personal information. None of the information we gather is permitted to be used by the public (visitors, members of our Partner Program, other members, or anyone not employed by TangoWire or the financial institutions we use to process membership fees) to identify a specific individual.
We are a subscription-based site. In other words, we collect no personally identifiable information from users that is not voluntarily submitted. We only collect credit card or bank information from those who choose to join at a premium level. All visitors to our site may browse the site, search the ads and view any articles or features our site has to offer by creating a simple and personalized membership ad.
TangoWire Partner Program
The TangoWire Partner Program is a service offered by TangoWire to webmasters. It allows webmasters to have a customizable introduction service in association with TangoWire. The result of this relationship between webmaster and TangoWire is called the Partner Program Site. The webmaster is the network partner. No information exchanged with the network partner is used outside of the relationship between TangoWire and the partner, except that exchanged with tax preparers and the federal government for tax purposes only. Even though a friendly business relationship exists, Network Partners may not view private information on users or members of their Network Partner Site or TangoWire sites.
2. What information this site gathers/tracks about you...
TangoWire gathers two types of information: Information users voluntarily submit to us and information indirectly submitted to us by users. Information users voluntarily submit to us:
There are two types of user-submitted information we collect: Public and Private. We define Public information as personal information that may be displayed on the site, such as age, gender and height, but cannot be used to define any members real identity. Private information is defined as any information that allows others to contact a user other than through the TangoWire sites or allows the collection of information about the user other than what is displayed on the site.
This information is gathered from members and guests who apply for various services our site offers. This information includes email address, first name, last name, birth date, credit card number, and a user-specified password.
TangoWire Partner Program
To create a Partner Site, the webmaster is asked for certain personal and business information, such as name, address and Tax ID or Social Security Number. The TangoWire Partner Program is a vehicle for other relationship-based sites to link to TangoWires matchmaking site. No personal member information is exchanged with the Network Partner, other than that considered public to all members.
To accomplish our goal of bringing compatible people together, we must gather personal information such as birthdate, gender, height, marital status, etc.. This information is meant to be seen by members and visitors to the site, but cannot be linked by any visitors to any members private information.
Information indirectly submitted to us by users
This is information we collect, which is not personally identifiable, such as browser type, cookies, and IP addresses. This information is gathered for all users to the site.
3. What this site does with the information it gathers/collects...
Information users submit to TangoWire:
Public information supplied by the user is intended to be viewed by visitors to the site. This information is used by visitors for searching and matching purposes. Public information cannot be used to identify a specific member by name, address, etc..
Email addresses submitted by members and those placing personal ads are used by us when forwarding e-mail responses. Member email addresses are not disclosed to the person responding to a members or advertisers profile, unless permitted otherwise. We may use a user's email address to send valuable update or other information regarding our site, but the user may choose not to receive email of this type by contacting us with our customer service request form. Email addresses may also be used in private correspondence with the user for customer service issues. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. All other private information submitted by the user is confidential. All private information can be updated or deleted by the user at any time.
TangoWire Partner Program:
Information submitted by the Network Partner is used for establishing and maintaining a business relationship. No personal or business information is shared outside the relationship between TangoWire and the Network Partner. Network Partners may not view or access private information about members of our site or the Network Partners affiliated site. Network Partners may change their personal or business information at our Partner Enrollment page or by contacting us by using the customer service request form.
Information indirectly submitted to us by users:
We use your IP address, server, and browser related information to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
4. With whom the information may be shared...
We do not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of your personal information except to the financial institution that processes your credit card.
5. What choices are available to you regarding deleting and deactivating the information...
There is never any obligation to remain a registered member of TangoWire. At anytime, you can delete your membership from our site by contacting us with this request via the "Contact Us" link. Once we receive this request, please allow us up to 72 hours to make this change to our database.
Some information concerning your membership may be retained for future legal and/or investigation purposes, if needed.
We do not allow members to "Deactivate", "Suspended" or become "Invisible" on our site. If you do not wish for your membership and/or profile to be seen on our site, you must request to be deleted.
6. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect your information...
TangoWire takes every precaution to protect your information and has security procedures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. The personal registration information collected by TangoWire is stored in secure operating environments with encryption capabilities that are not available to the public. Only authorized employees have access to your personal information, and TangoWire has strict rules for employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services. While TangoWire cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur; we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Also, you are responsible for the security of your TangoWire username and password. Please take care when using and storing them in a safe place. TangoWire demands that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet cafe.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email by using our customer service request form.
7. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information...
TangoWire gives registered members the following options for accessing, correcting or modifying the information stored in TangoWires database. You may update this information at any time from within your TangoWire account by clicking My Profile from the navigation bar/menu.
8. Security surrounding the use of credit cards...
TangoWire has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. Our site features a secured server with encryption capabilities. Only authorized employees have access to the information; your real name, password, and credit card information, and TangoWire has strict rules for employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services. While TangoWire cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur; we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Your credit card number is encrypted prior to transmission.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email by using our customer service request form.
10. Contacting the Web Site...
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
TangoWire Customer Service
601 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Help Request Form: Click Here
Phone: +1 206-448-6901 (Members Only)
Restrictions on Use
This service is for adults only. You must be at least 18 years old to register, and by signing up for a membership on this site you certify that you are at least 18 years old. If your state or country that you live in requires you to be older than 18, you certify that you are of a proper age to legally sign up for our services by signing up for a membership or by posting a personals ad.
Member and User Online Conduct
You are solely responsible for the content or information you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the site, or transmit to other Members of the site.
You agree that you will not use this site or its services to:
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that promotes illegal activity, including without limitation the provision of instructions for illegal activity.
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit or post links to any personal profile information such as telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, e-mail addresses, offensive anatomical or sexual references, or offensive sexually suggestive or connotative language, or any confidential information of any third person.
- Collect or store personally identifying information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content, or select any member or user name or email address, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Upload, post email otherwise transmit or post links to any photographs or other images containing nudity or such personal information. TangoWire reserves the right, but has no obligation, to reject any profile or photograph or image that does not comply with these prohibitions.
- Sell, distribute, or make any commercial use of data obtained from any TangoWire database or make any other use of data from any TangoWire database in a manner which could be expected to offend the person for whom the data is relevant.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to children under 18 years of age.
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Create multiple profiles within the TangoWire network of sites.
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass any person.
- Conspire to commit a crime through the use of this site
- Engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our specific prior written consent.
- Harvest or collect personal information about other Members whether or not for commercial purposes, without their express consent.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, site search/retrieval applications, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site.
- Post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Services or the Site.
- Upload, post, e-mail, otherwise transmit or post links to any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Products and Services or TangoWire.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
- Employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in the header, footer, return path, or any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through the Services.
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site, without our prior written authorization. You also shall not use metatags or code or other devices containing any reference to TangoWire or the Service of the Site in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Site or any software used on or for the Site or cause others to do so.
- Intentionally disrupt the use of this site by manipulating the hardware/software/content of this site
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that facilitates hacking.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. You are responsible for your own privacy and any information you make available through this site.
- Exclude any liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence.
- Access the Services after your account or access has been terminated by TangoWire.
- Advertise, offer for sale, or sell any item you are prohibited from advertising or selling by any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including regulations having the force of law.
This site is not responsible for the online conversations expressed by the users of this site and does not necessarily agree with any content posted on this site.
This site is not responsible for any damage to your hardware/software caused by downloading viruses or any other disruptive data from this site posted by other users.
This site is not responsible for any actions taken by you or others in response to any material on this site or contained herein.
You acknowledge and agree that TangoWire and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation), in their sole discretion, to refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any Content that is available via the Services at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, with or without notice. Without limitation TangoWire and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation), in their sole discretion, to refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any Content that violates the Member's Terms and Use Agreement or is otherwise objectionable as determined by TangoWire, in its sole discretion. TangoWire may also terminate access to, or membership in, TangoWire, or any portion thereof, for violating these Terms and Usage Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by or obtained through the use of TangoWire and in all other parts of TangoWire's Services.
Indemnity by Member
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TangoWire, its partner sites, officers, directors, employees, and consultants from and against any and all claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your use of this Web site, the violation of these terms and usage agreement by you, or the infringement by you, or other user of TangoWire or partner web sites through the use of your computer, or your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. TangoWire and its partner sites reserve the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information or content made available through the Service are those of their respective Member-author and not of TangoWire or its partner sites and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such Members are solely responsible for such content. TangoWire and its partner sites do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made. Under no circumstances will TangoWire or its partner sites be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other content posted on the Service or transmitted to Members.
The Site may contain links to other Internet websites or resources. We neither control nor endorse such other websites, nor have we reviewed any content that appears on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products, services or information located on or through any other websites or for the operation or policies of any such websites, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such websites or such content or other information.
Obscenities and Monitoring
It is possible that other TangoWire or affiliated partner sites Members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the TangoWire service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Service, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. TangoWire and its partner sites are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on our Service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the services herein or release to others.
TANGOWIRE, RESERVES THE RIGHT, WITHOUT OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR THE MATERIALS POSTED IN ALL AREAS OF THE TANGOWIRE OR PARTNER SITES SERVICES. TANGOWIRE SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY SUCH MATERIAL THAT VIOLATES, OR IS ALLEGED TO VIOLATE, THE LAW OR THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING THIS RIGHT OF TANGOWIRE, EVERY MEMBER REMAINS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIALS THEY POST IN THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE AREAS OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING PRIVATE E-MAIL MESSAGES. E-MAILS SENT BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER TANGOWIRE OR PARTNER SITE MEMBERS, WHICH ARE NOT READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WILL BE TREATED AS PRIVATE BY TANGOWIRE AND ITS PARTNER SITES, TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
TangoWire reserves the right to send registered members or advertisers, electronic mail regarding its products and services. TangoWire forwards mail anonymously from other customers to members who have posted ads or profiles that are publicly visible on the site. You agree to accept such. You understand that it may take up to forty-eight hours for TangoWire to remove your e-mail address from our address list, if you choose to no longer receive e-mail which does not explicitly relate to your membership..
Proprietary Rights and Copyrights
TangoWire owns and retains other proprietary rights in the TangoWire Services and the Site, including data submitted by Members or anonymous users and reserves its right to assign ownership of its data and all property by acquisition of TangoWire, its parent company, or its products, jointly or severally, by any third party. The Services and the Site contain the copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information and software of TangoWire, its licensors, and possibly its partner sites. In addition, other Members may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any such proprietary information.
By posting information or content to any area of TangoWire or its partner sites, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to TangoWire and its partner sites and other Members an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL TANGOWIRE CORPORATION OR ITS PARTNERS BE LIABLE (i) TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE TANGOWIRE SITES OR PARTNERS SITES OR SERVICES, EVEN IF TANGOWIRE, OR ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (ii) TO ANY PERSON OTHER THAN YOU NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN. LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO TANGOWIRE FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
IN ADDITION, TANGOWIRE, DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS OR USERS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED USERS, OR "HACKERS") OF THE TANGOWIRE SERVICE.
STATE BY STATE VARIATIONS. Certain jurisdictions limit the applicability of warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability so the above disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability may not apply to you.
Modifications to Service
TangoWire and its partner sites reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this site or parts of this site without notice to you. You agree that this site shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of this site.
Either you, TangoWire, or TangoWire partner sites, may terminate your membership or personals ad at any time, for any reason, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. TangoWire and its partners' reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to the TangoWire service, without notice, upon any breach of this Agreement by you which is brought to TangoWire or its partners attention.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
TANGOWIRE AND ITS PARTNERS PROVIDE THE SERVICE AND THE SITE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH TANGOWIRE OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE SITE. TANGOWIRE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. TANGOWIRE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, AND ITS PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE OR THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. TANGOWIRE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, INTERNET CONNECTIVITY OR OTHER SERVICE, INCLUDING AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY INTERRUPTION IN CONNECTIVITY TO OUR SITE OR OTHER SERVICE.
Confidentiality, User Handle, Password
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a user handle and password. We may refuse to grant any user handle that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as we determine in our sole discretion. You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your user handle and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information, available within the Sites services. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USER HANDLE, AS IT IDENTIFIES YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL, AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between you and TangoWire or its parent company, related to these Terms of Service, shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in King County, State of Washington.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Seattle, Washington, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either you or TangoWire may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Seattle, Washington necessary to protect the rights or property of you or TangoWire pending the completion of arbitration.
November 22, 2007
00:26 (12:26 AM)